 Off-Topic / Debate / 7943
Re: RIS 2.0 content !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 13:41:40 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Kevin McMillin writes:
In lugnet.robotics, Dean Husby writes:
chv wrote:

Also, there is 718 pcs inside.

Therefore, the box tells us that Windows 98/Me (Millenium Edition ???) is
required ? If Lego excludes W98 or other, it is bad news...

No, 98 Means 98 and 98SE. ME does mean the new Mega Slow Millennium Edition.

Mega Slow?  I've got ME and it loads in about 10 seconds.  2000 Professional
took about (minutes, seconds)1:30.

Unless you reboot a lot, it's not about how long it takes to load, it's
about how long it takes to do common operations.

That said, I have no idea how fast ME is on common tasks compared to 2000,
but 2000 has been to my perception, a bit faster than NT 4.0 on things like
opening files, repaginating documents, etc, and quite a bit more crashproof.

ME does crash a lot, Windows 2000 almost never did, but I've got mine wired
so it loads like 98, until you get to "Starting Windows 98," and then it
says "select your desired OS"  I could have 2000 or ME if I wanted.

Kevin

P.S. Took off lugnet.robotics, since were not really talking about RIS 2.0
Purely subjective, of course.

++Lar