 Off-Topic / Debate / 791
Re: Terms and Conditions Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 20:49:05 GMT

Ed Jones wrote:
Homophobia: (n.) Irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination
against homosexuality or homosexuals.

Read it again.

I would disagree with your "PC definition".  The terms homophobic, homophobia
and homophobe are used to describe those who have (as your quoted definition
stated) an irrational fear....  that is, they feel threatened by the presence
or even existance of homosexuals.  The key word is irrational.

The bit 'or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals' was the
main bit of focus and the meaning I use.  The word 'or' in this case
showing an alternaive meaning to 'Irrational fear of, aversion to'

--
Carbon 60
ICQ # 5643170