 Off-Topic / Debate / 7821
Re: Critical Thinking
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 10:16:16 GMT

Don't you get it?

I'm saying it is inconsistent to expect proof of God's existence
when that is by definition not possible.  Science and religion are
separate realms, so don't hold one up to the other as a test of its
validity.

Don't you get it, man? Haven't you been listening?

That's fine that they are separate realms. It's just fine and dandy. You can
use whatever metrics you like for your beliefs. But when you come round and
ask me to believe, I politely decline unless you use metrics of my choosing.
And when you come round and *demand* that I believe (and there are laws
influenced by believers a lot worse than wednesday closings) I shoot back.

Now shut up about it, unless you're in a thread that specifically started as
a religious one.

++Lar