 Off-Topic / Debate / 7780
  Re: Critical Thinking

(...) I know Jon can speak for himself, but just to clarify things -- I think Jon is alluding to the idea of the "prime mover" or "first cause." No one knows what the first cause of the universe was or is. Science, on this count as well as others, (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Critical Thinking

(...) I disagree with that, but not too sharply. Science is not a matter of faith at all, since it is at its essence a system seeking to verify itself through observation rather than saying "it is that way because it is that way, end of story." (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)