 Off-Topic / Debate / 7754
  Re: Critical Thinking

(...) If you consider that creationsim has been around since Moses penned the book of Genesis - and even before that though it wasn't written down, I guess you can call creationism "current". By your standard, then, most every theory known to man is (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Critical Thinking

(...) Not true! The Geocentric earth theory is certainly not current to any rational way of thinking, nor is the reproduction-by-stork theory. I label creationism a current theory because certain camps are actively promoting its inclusion in public (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Critical Thinking

(...) Ah - "current" to you means currently in vogue, whereas to me it meant recent. Ok. (...) Sorry, science does change - at least the way we understand it. (Science is not how we understand things. Science is the framework we use to understand (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Critical Thinking

(...) You're right to call me on that; I wrote that improperly and more-or-less in direct conflict to my overall argument. Science changes in that it is progressive and cumulative, letting go of obsolete or outmoded theories, or at any rate (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Critical Thinking

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Schuler writes: (big snip) (...) Perhaps this is the crux of the divergence. You're saying that science focuses on reality - I agree, but how we each define "reality" is different. Reality for you is only the realm (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)