 Off-Topic / Debate / 7698
Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 16:20:40 GMT

John Neal wrote:

*There is NOTHING you can do to EARN God's love.  God loves us all THE SAME, whether we
go around murdering children or serve him as Pope.  God *already* loves us; what is there
to earn?  Whether you want to be with God (heaven) or not (hell), that is up to *you*.
You choose the path, not God.  God loves you enough to respect your decision as a
free-thinking autonomous person (whom God created, BTW).

I got the impression that the faith concept is a rather different in
Christianity. I mean, as I know of from the Islam, faith means god knows
everything, including our future, so he already knows how I will act in
future cases. The same Islam also says that, just like other religions,
you are responsible from your acts, because you choose it by using your
free will. This produces a quick question: If he already know how we
act, if there is no escape from faith, then it is already known by him
where we will go at the end (heaven or hell) so how can we are acting
with out own free will? To be more clear how can these both things can
be accurate at the same time, side by side? This is the one of the
biggest flaws in Islam to me.

Since you already said that in Christianity, people assumed to act with
their own free will so they will face the consequences of their own acts
at the end, too. So what about the knowledge level of Christian God
about our future? He know it from the beginning or not? If he knows it
just as Islam God (how many gods are there by the way..:-), is there any
explanation for the above paradox in Christianity? Believe it or not,
I'm just asking for the sake of knowledge.

Selçuk