 Off-Topic / Debate / 7657
Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 22:48:55 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jon Kozan writes:

Which leads me to ask if you are an atheist?
If you are I'd ask you to consider the tenuousness of your position.

Tenuous in what way?

Were you saying it's logicially unsupportable, or were you threatening fire
and brimstone?

The latter?

If your (stipulated to exist for the sake of this sentence) god sends me to
hell, he's not worthy of my worship. I will suffer eternal damnation rather
than worship a god who would punish someone as righteous as myself. And if
he doesn't, I'm fine.

The former? I'd say it was YOUR position of certainty that was tenuous.

++Lar (almost but not quite atheist)