 Off-Topic / Debate / 7546
Re: The god debate again... sigh (Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 00:35:07 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bill Farkas writes:
My views are no less valid than yours, I do not seek to ridicule or stifle
yours - or limit them to "ONE" reply. Unlike you, I have no ghosts. • (Snip)
...I don't seek to twist peoples arms into agreeing with me - my beliefs are
mine. Everyone is entitled to their own.

Minor philospohical point I had to add....

While everyone is entitled to their beliefs, don't even begin to think that
that means all beliefs are equal.

Sincerity in one's beliefs doesn't make them correct.
I may believe that I can run through a brick wall.
I may even be completely sincere in my belief.
However, when I attempt to verify my belief with a demonstration, I will
undoubtably fail. (cf. the Heaven's Gate cult)

(This statement does not minimize the Uncertainty Principle from Physics that
proves that there is a finite, non-zero chance (albeit small) of my belief
actually holding up in the demonstration)

-Jon
:-)