 Off-Topic / Debate / 7463
    LP POINT 3.3 —Scott Arthur
   From: (URL) Regulation Would medical doctors etc be regulated to ensure their competence? Or could one just buy a medical degree from a University, and open a practice? Scott A (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: LP POINT 3.3 —Frank Filz
   (...) As I mentioned above, there would be no central regulation. Yes you would be able to just buy a degree (you can do that today). Libertopia will offer more effective control because the "regulation" would be subject to the free market, which (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: LP POINT 3.3 —Scott Arthur
   (...) I think this sort of market control is OK when choosing a car mechanic, or perhaps a plumber. But to expect a trial-and-error approach to work where health and education are at risk is a bit much for me. What if one can't afford a decent (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: LP POINT 3.3 —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) What constitutes a decent doctor? Why couldn't one just figure out if they knew what they were talking about? What is "trial-and-error" about looking up the Consumer Reports article on the local state of medecine? And most of all, beyond (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)