 Off-Topic / Debate / 7336
Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 11:42:34 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Maggie Cambron writes:

All that said, I think it's creepy as hell that she thinks murder shouldn't
be legislated against!  I mean, I guess I sort of think that too, but only
for my flavor of utopia.  Not for a society at all close to this one.

But Chris, I DO think murder should be legislated against!

Previously, you wrote:

How do you feel about being told that whether or not to murder is a
personal decision that shouldn't be governed by law?

I would be upset that others were committing what I perceived to be murder.
Would I want to impose my beliefs on others...? Truthfully, I don't know.
On the whole I'm a laissez-faire kind of person, so I hope not.

I took that to mean that you thought that laissez-faire stance was to allow
murder.  And that you hoped that while murder might make you uncomfortable, you
would allow it to remain a personal decision for everyone.

I'm not sure where I got confused.

Chris