 Off-Topic / Debate / 7318
    Re: Parental strategies? (was: Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne) —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) not (...) I believe that love (real love) can't be turned on and off. It would sometimes be easier if it could. But just because you can't turn your love for your kids on and off, doesn't mean that you can't pretend that you can and abuse them (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Parental strategies? (was: Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne) —John DiRienzo
    Thanks Chris for addressing that which is too rarely looked at. Children no more need a master on Earth than a master in heaven. Most people do not understand the purpose of the mind and have no concept of how to kindle its fire. I think you have (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Parental strategies? (was: Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne) —John Neal
    (...) Uh, we don't know that... (...) And you do? Please enlighten, but first please cite your source of this understanding. (...) I think he's shown how to get your kid to call you by your first name, that's about all. (...) Uh, we don't know (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Parental strategies? (was: Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne) —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) This is a deep epistimological issue. Which part don't we know? I don't know that the sun came up this morning (I've been at work since before sunrise) but I don't just 'think' that it has. Actually, I'm willing to go out on a limb and say (...) (24 years ago, 2-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)