 Off-Topic / Debate / 7243
Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 17:43:42 GMT

Okay, you are responding to opinions of two people mixed below, but I will • just
cut to the chase, Chris.  You say killing mass murderers and repeat child
molesters is evil.  How would you deal with them?

I would search for a way to help them remedy the harm that they caused.  If
they are mentally broken, I would therapise them (I suppose, by force, even
though I'm uncomfortable with that), and if they were too broken, I would
incarcerate them while letting them do whatever they could to make up for their
mistakes.

Simply incarcerate them so that they may enjoy 3 squares a
day, free medical treatment, cable, workout equipment,
net access, etc, etc etc?

I think that there should be a base level of care that does not include those
things.  After that, it would be important to provide the possibility to earn
those things, thus incenting positive growth and productive behavior.

Chris