 Off-Topic / Debate / 7209
Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 08:54:18 GMT

Okay, you are responding to opinions of two people mixed below, but
I will just cut to the chase, Chris.  You say killing mass murderers
and repeat child molesters is evil.  How would you deal with them?
Simply incarcerate them so that they may enjoy 3 squares a day, free
medical treatment, cable, workout equipment, net access, etc, etc etc?

I'm not sure I'd give them cable OR net access.

I don't support the way prisoners are treated in the US (or for that matter,
the way prisons are organized and funded)... but don't confuse that with
support for putting someone to death in order to cut costs of incarceration.

Death is final. There is no going back. Life without parole, yes. Death, no.

Better that 10 guilty walk free than that 1 innocent be unjustly punished.
And once you've inadvertantly put an innocent to death, there is no going back.

One of the scariest things about having TweedleDUMB president (which is
looking less certain now) is that he doesn't spend much time on reviewing
clemency.

Think of how that would be extended to the whole nation's business.

++Lar