 Off-Topic / Debate / 7203
Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 01:45:13 GMT

Okay, you are responding to opinions of two people mixed below, but I will • just
cut to the chase, Chris.  You say killing mass murderers and repeat child
molesters is evil.  How would you deal with them?  Simply incarcerate them so • that
they may enjoy 3 squares a day, free medical treatment, cable, workout • equipment,
net access, etc, etc etc?

-John

How do you deal with the first innocent person you murder???

Does that answer your question?

As I stated before, I can think of 2 cases in Canada (and several in the US)
off my head that would have lead to the death penalty (if we had it, and have
lead to it in the case of some of the US cases) where the person who was
accused, convicted, and duly "guilty", was in _no_ way the person who they were
looking for.

Fortunatly, for the cases in Canada, at least it is far easier to let someone
out of prison than trying to bring them back to life.

James