 Off-Topic / Debate / 7183
Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 12:49:48 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John DiRienzo writes:
Chirs, there are tons of people who don't agree with or understand
"rights-based calculus" but we don't exclude them from their rights.

conception).)  Some people suggest that the rights-based calculus can't
begin until that "click" since rights don't apply to something that
can't understand the very concept.

There are tons of sentients (not people) who are excluded from the possesion of
rights.  When this is justified, the arguments are typically based on the fact
that they're dumber than us, religious dictate, or something seemingly
undefinable which I happen to believe is actually one or both of the first
options.

If these other creatures can be excluded from their rights, why not fetuses?

Chris