 Off-Topic / Debate / 7145
Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 19:00:55 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Simpson writes:

IMO, you're in a philosophical pinch by asserting that the true purpose of sex
isn't really about reproduction.  Again, I agree, but what of you?  What is it
about?  If it is not about reproduction, but reproduction naturally follows,
then what is our role as creators when it does actually result? Why in fact,
do we have sex?

  I kind of screwed up my wording, as you and Tim have both correctly
pointed out.  I addressed my actual meaning in my reply to his post,
stating, in essence, that the evolutionary purpose for sex is reproduction,
but reproduction can no longer be claimed as the sole purpose of sex.

     Dave!