 Off-Topic / Debate / 7100
  Electoral College

This will probably turn into a debate... Where are the guidelines of the Electoral College written? I checked the Constitution, and while it mentions a little about each state having representative electors in the same numbers as congressmen, it (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Electoral College

(...) Well to my understanding much of this is handled at a state level. I know Maine and one other state split votes based on congressional districts. The rest of the states its an all or nothing afair with about half the states binding the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Electoral College

(...) Much of this is diccussed in a history of the electoral college at: (URL) is a link there to a .pdf file that is long, but (IMHO) worth reading - Very educational) (...) Yes. Maine is this way, I am still unsure how the two votes that are (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Electoral College

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Kyle McDonald writes: <snip? (...) The 2 Senate Votes in Maine do go to the popular vote winner. <snip? (...) I would have to agree with you but for the reason that if they did away with the system it would make the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)