 Off-Topic / Debate / 657
Re: which threads, ethics (was: Re: Mini Auction - 6273 - Rock Island Refuge)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 19:03:48 GMT

Naji wrote:

But no one can say that the fact (I assume) that Steve Scott
and Eric McCarthy now hate each other has made Lugnet a better place.

Steve Scott wrote:
Hey (back me up here Eric) nothing could be further from the truth!

I'll back you up.  Steve apologized both publicly and privately
for the parasite remark and I told him I was sorry I upset him
by posting to that thread.  I don't hate him.

However, I think the principle of whether posting to an auction
update thread is considered rude, is still one that would be
good to resolve.  Contrary to what some prefer, I think a guideline
from Todd would be advantageous and save some future ill will.

I noticed that Tom Stangl has done a similar post as mine,
and there will be more in the future.  If there is a consensus
or a rule that this is rude, then people will avoid doing it.
If there is a consensus or a rule that it is fine, then
people won't complain about it.  I don't see a consensus
emerging, so I think a rule is appropriate.

/Eric M/