 Off-Topic / Debate / 6559
Re: Flaming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 03:14:00 GMT

AMEN.  When structured and civilized debate occurs it is a beautiful thing.
And its through these debates that we are able to advance the civility and
tolerance of other points of view within our community.  One of the first
things seen on the lugnet is the phrase "you are not alone."  All too often
when we flame someone we serve to alienate them from the community as a whole.

I dont think I'm alone in saying that I like seeing this community expand.
Each new person brings with him/her new ideas with witch old ideas can be
furthered.  So think about the first time someone views lugnet.  They will be
looking at your posts and from those posts discern whether we are a welcoming
community or one that shuns those whose ideas are not aligned with our own.

Best wishes
Adam Myers