 Off-Topic / Debate / 6548
Re: Cosmic Toys now open on BrickBay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 21:58:49 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Mark Sandlin writes:
Adam Hoekwater at ahoekwat@nd.edu wrote:

cos·mic - adj.

1.) Of or relating to the universe, especially as distinct from Earth.
2.) Infinitely or inconceivably extended; vast: “a coming together of heads
of government to take up the cosmic business of nations” (Meg Greenfield).

[Greek kosmikos, from kosmos, universe.]

It's called "Cosmic Toys", not "Get your LEGO Classic Space sets here". :^)
My store was called LegoMonkey, and nobody ever complained about my utter
lack of a certain brown plastic simian.  8^D

-A

You can use dictionary.com! You get a gold star!

I was making kind of a small joke here and, as tends to happen in
newsgroups, things are getting a little out of hand.

It was a JOKE, people! Hence the  " :^D  "

e·mo·ti·con (-mt-kn)
n.

A series of keyed characters used especially in e-mail to indicate an
emotion, such as pleasure [ :-) ] or sadness [ :-( ].

~M

P.S. You don't have any monkey minifigs on your LegoMonkey brickbay site.

Wow. I won't need anyone to be condescending to me for the rest of the month.
My post had 2 smileys, do they cancel eachother out? Just wanted to say
that 'cosmic' may not mean 'space'. You've helped me to see that I could have
done a better job of conveying it. I apologize.

-Adam