 Off-Topic / Debate / 6406
    Re: Secret Agent Theme for 2001? (was: Re: New S@H Catalog) —Stephen F. Roberts
   Selçuk Göre <ssgore@superonline.com> wrote: <CHOP OTHER STUFFE> (...) ...When I used to work for an airport maintenance service, my boss commented that the CIA really liked using little Cessna like planes that had an incredible lift to wingspan (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Secret Agent Theme for 2001? (was: Re: New S@H Catalog) —Lindsay Frederick Braun
     (...) That could be a spectator sport, not unlike dropping large melons from the rooftops of tall buildings. "I believe it will land some- where inside this 200-km circle..." (...) commented that the CIA really liked using little Cessna like planes (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Secret Agent Theme for 2001? (was: Re: New S@H Catalog) —James Powell
    (...) that the CIA really liked using little Cessna like planes that had an incredible lift to wingspan ratio and could fly at 35mph. I got to watch one take off one day and it took off on a length of runway shorter than my driveway. In terms of (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Secret Agent Theme for 2001? (was: Re: New S@H Catalog) —Dave Schuler
     (...) Was that the kind with the retro-firing thrusters? If so, I seem to remember some one incident in which the jets were fired while the craft was too high above the runway, and it crashed. Do I recall correctly? Was that a herc? Do they still (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Secret Agent Theme for 2001? (was: Re: New S@H Catalog) —Selçuk Göre
    (...) 17 tones (metric) normally, 22 tones during wartime, and up to 30 tones max. (requires special order). They are from the TOs (IIRC), so should not be unique to TAF. They were quite good at STOL (without any external boosters or something), (...) (24 years ago, 11-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)