 Off-Topic / Debate / 6391
    Why do we not see diabled people represented in Lego(R)? —Alex Farlie
    Simple question. Surely as disabled people are part of many communited. Why are they not represented in Lego(R)? Alex (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Why do we not see diabled people represented in Lego(R)? —Dave Schuler
     (...) On the contrary, wooden legs and hook-hands abound in Pirates, while a number of minifig heads feature glasses. Most minifigs don't even have noses--I'd call that a disability! Dave! (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: Why do we not see diabled people represented in Lego(R)? —Jonathan Lill
     (...) BTW, has Lego produced a wheel chair? I seem to remember one, but would like to find a DAT or photo of it (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: Why do we not see diabled people represented in Lego(R)? —James Brown
     (...) LEGO hasn't, but you can find a MOC wheelchair at Suz's site: (URL) you've never been to baseplate.com before, it's only safe to warn you that you'll lose the afternoon looking at all of the cool stuff... ;) James (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Why do we not see diabled people represented in Lego(R)? —Eric Joslin
   (...) Huh? If you want a missing limb, simply remove it. If you want a non-functional limb, leave it there and don't move it. If you want a mentally-differently-abled person, well, they pretty much can be. If you want a blind person, there are a (...) (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)