 Off-Topic / Debate / 6365
    horizontal rocketry: wdyt? —Randy Anchikoski
   This post concerns those people who've seen our rocket cars/plane(s). After reading a thread in rec.models.rockets I am (that is, the lot of us in Victoria) faced with the fact that we might be 'morons' (we didn't start or recommend the thread). (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: horizontal rocketry: wdyt? —Eric Joslin
     (...) Why might you be morons? Simply because you used Lego and rocket engines to do something else? Or because of some kind of danger involved? If they are accusing you of being possible morons because of a danger factor, ask yourself this: Was (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: horizontal rocketry: wdyt? —Randy Anchikoski
     Thanks! No, no one was hurt (we've done about 15 LEGO-related rocket experiments so far). I've experienced enough burns and projectiles hits in other ways to know what it feels like. And, BTW, I DO manage to do some moronic things come to think of (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: horizontal rocketry: wdyt? —David Goeb
   (...) I do not think your morons, however I would strongly suggest that you start using wire guides from now on. Make a spool and capstan assembley with good quality multi-strand cable. Parts may still fly off but will help keep the majority of the (...) (24 years ago, 29-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)