 Off-Topic / Debate / 6230
Re: Responsible Hunting (was Re: We are what we eat. Or is that "whom we eat?")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 16:05:35 GMT

Xcalabur wrote:
Probably the
worst moment in the hunt is when you shoot the animal.  Now, I shoot to kill,
and if by some chance the first shot doesn't kill it, and it falls, or
whatever, that's when you walk up, check to see if the animal's alive, and if
it is, you shoot it in the head at point blank range, then slit it's throat to
bleed it out so the meat doesn't get tainted by what's called "dead blood."  I
don't take pleasure in the actual kill as much as I do the hunt.

Just out of curiosity Chris, if you don't like the actual killing part,
why not hunt with a camera instead? The actual hunt part should be just
the same, but instead of killing the creature you get as good and close
a pic as you can manage.

Kevin
I will be away from Aug 1st to Aug 7th. Payments received during that
time will be processed on Aug 8th and packages mailed August 8th and
9th.
Personal Lego Web page:
Open Air Market: Limited edition kit
http://kevc.bricksmiths.com/cat-mrkt.htm