 Off-Topic / Debate / 6219
Re: Why is cockfighting bad? (was: Pokemon (was: Harry Potter Lego Line))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 12:54:54 GMT

Or to put it another way: you go hunting with a nuke?  I don't see how the
"right" (need, whatever) to use nukes relates to killing some animal for food
(which is what this was about).

Your claim was that the 'need' to do something (eat) granted the 'right' to do
something (kill (almost) anything).  But you reject the first analogy that I
tried relating the hunting of deer to the hunting of people.  So I tried
relating the 'need' to do something (eat) to the 'need' to do something else
(self-defend).  I think that both are clear and valid analogies.  I'm not sure
where we're getting crossed wires.

It's a weird tangent that won't die

It doesn't seem weird though.  Sorry.

Chris