 Off-Topic / Debate / 6175
  Re: Why is cockfighting bad? (was: Pokemon (was: Harry Potter Lego Line))

(...) I understand your points about the agricultural economy, and I understand about the aesthetic differences, but I think you have the disease equation bass-ackwards. In a lab, the meat could be kept 99.999% disease-free. Beef that's released (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why is cockfighting bad? (was: Pokemon (was: Harry PotterLego Line))

Not to mention the economies would just shift to compensate - nothing says the beef would all be grown in labs out of the control of farmers. Smarter farmers would create collectives and invest in the technology, with each farmer getting a share. (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)