 Off-Topic / Debate / 6158
Re: Why is cockfighting bad? (was: Pokemon (was: Harry Potter Lego Line))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 13:25:13 GMT

I'm not a steakhouse fan (obviously) but I had understood that Outback was
fairly poor quality.  Is that not so?  Maybe only in Missouri, where I heard
the comments.

I've been to a LOT of steakhouses(1) and rib places and prime rib places and I
confirm that Outback is not that great. It's good enough if you don't have 3
hours and don't want to spend 50 bucks a head (not including wine)... you can

1 - I can't begin to even name them all. At least 6 different Mortons (which
is overrated in terms of bang/buck) including the original, several Ruth
Chris's (which is the best of the chains, I've never had a less than exquisite
steak at one of those), Lowrys, Montgomery Inn (which may have the best
upscale ribs on the planet), a number of regional or local "best" houses, 4 of
the "10 best" listed in certain mag ads, etc.  For some reason clients seem to
like steakhouses. Oh, and at least 20 different Outbacks, 10 Lone Stars, a
dozen other "texas steak" places, and about 10 Damian's Ribs. And who knows
how many others chains, locals etc. I eat out a lot.

++Lar