 Off-Topic / Debate / 5910
    Re: guns vs. household cleaners vs. gamers (was Re: What do other parents do with Lego guns?) —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) What I assert is that "no one is lobbying to remove bleach from the public." And to the best of my knowledge, this is true. Trying to get people to lock their bleach away from kids is different -- in several senses -- than trying to remove (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: guns vs. household cleaners vs. gamers (was Re: What do other parents do with Lego guns?) —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) I (...) to (...) The purpose of bleach is not to kill people, and the purpose of handguns is, so it's kind of a misleading comparison that you are making when you talk about banning. My point was simply that people *do* consider household (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: guns vs. household cleaners vs. gamers (was Re: What do other parents do with Lego guns?) —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) This seems like a funny issue. I've tried to talk about it before without much success. Who gets to decide purpose? I own a handgun. Do I get to decide what it's purpose is as the owner? Does the company (Ruger) that manufactured it get to (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: guns vs. household cleaners vs. gamers (was Re: What do other parents do with Lego guns?) —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) much (...) The primary use of a handgun is to shoot people. If you want to go hunting, it's a poor choice. Target practice? Yes, but that's not why handguns were invented. Ruger. Good choice. Very solid. I liked my Ruger much better than (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)