 Off-Topic / Debate / 5908
Re: Bargain buying (was: New support group: Lego Anonymous)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:12:26 GMT

In lugnet.people, Paul Sinasohn writes:

"I went to Orlando for a conference and spent $750 at the Lego • Imagination
Center, then went to Fresno to help Mike Poindexter build train tables • and
bought $462 worth of Lego from him, and $200 from a Shell Station, then I • came
home and spent $560 on eBay on Technic lots from Britain and $250 on the • Lego
paddlewheeler, and then placed a $100 order from the eToys half-off sale
and a $200 order from the Legoland tent sale.

When we who are considered grown-ups (by others at least), find the • greatest
buys in some store, and then buy the rest of the sets who are the best • bargains
- should we feel guilty since the kids do not get the sets?

My husband and I found that the Power Pack Motor Set (8735) was a great • buy in
one of the "not-very-toy-stores" (Suggested Retail Price in Norway NOK • 349,-,
their price NOK 184,-(app. USD22)) - we have not seen it cheaper anywhere.
We've known that they've been planning on getting rid of all the Lego, so
lately we've been stopping by quit often - waiting for them to mark it • down.
Yesterday we found that they had started with a 25%-discount, so we did • get the
rest of the 8735, and a few other boxes that already had a great price. • ¨We
stood there with the Lego Catalog and figured out what we could save for • the
50% mark off, and what already was one of our best buys, and might empty • fast.

The question is: Should we feel bad that there are no kids who get the • Motor
for the absolutely great price of NOK 138,- ???

I never have, I don't now, nor will I ever. It is a free market (for most of
us, anyway), and if you find a product you like, you find a great price, and
you have the means, buy it. Having a guilt trip over someone missing out is
never positive, ever. Be glad you found what you wanted. : ) See the blue
hopper debate for further thoughts, gripes, etc.

FUT-> off-topic.debate & crossposted, yet another round

Scott S.
--
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com
Want LEGO Parts at Great Prices? Visit The Sanburn Systems Company!