 Off-Topic / Debate / 5810
    Re: Vegetarianism etc. (was: Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?) —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) you (...) Nope. I would chose the human option, but not because I believe that it is capable of experiencing a "Better existence." I'm familiar with it, I know it's OK, I'd go with the known over the unknown in this case (unless I had reason (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: The nature of being (was Aids, Vegetarianism etc.) —James Simpson
   (...) Even if rights were a fiction, I'd agree with you that to avoid causing suffering is better. But, fundamentally, from a bedrock philosophical basis, we have no ultimate way to condemn evil if creatures do not objectively have a right to (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)