 Off-Topic / Debate / 5801
Re: Personal Responsibility (was: Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 28 May 2000 14:17:06 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:

It is very scary to me that there are people who want to limit the ability
to sue. Lawsuits are the Libertarian way of regulating dangerous actions. It
is very scary to me to both be tearing down the welfare state (which is a
good thing, though I'm not sure that we're doing enough to make sure that an
environment will exist that will allow people to succeed, or the necessary
charity be provided), and also at the same time limiting the ability of
victims of dangerous products or work environments to gain compensation.

Agreed.