 Off-Topic / Debate / 5784
  Re: personal responsibility (was:Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?)

(...) No. Of course not. You are equally (that is to say fully?) responsible in each instance. In neither case is your death or survival exactly your fault, but in both cases it was your responsibility to assure your safety. And it was the piano (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: personal responsibility (was:Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?)

(...) Part of this was my error in blurring the relationship between "fault" and "responsibility." My feeling, though, is still that while we are primarily responsible for ourselves, we are also societally responsible for others. I don't think this (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)