 Off-Topic / Debate / 5722
Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 20:47:59 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Christopher Tracey writes:

Do you know if the _Psuedotropheus zebra_ variety that
has a purple/blue body with orange fins evolved in some
sort of riverine or high current system?  I had a few of
them that were always just sit in front of the power
filter outlets.

I don't know.  That explanation seems plausible especially given how SEAsian
river fish behave given the option of a current.  You have to be a pretty
hard-core cichlidiot to keep track of all the different P.zebra strains.  But I
raised Cyrtocara moori for several years and some of them (with no
distinguishing basis that I could determine) exhibited the same behavior.  Most
did not.  For my fish, it seemed to be a personality issue, rather than a
species behavior.

What feeding niche do the Tilapia occupy?

I don't know.  I think I read about it in Science News, which I used to get,
but didn't follow up on the actual report.

Chris