 Off-Topic / Debate / 5558
  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) I am apalled by this heartless attitude. How can you care so little for people who are suffering, just because they don't live in your country? The countries suffering the hardest can't afford to do medical research, and many of them are (...) (24 years ago, 8-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) True. We'll hear about it on the news. Chris (24 years ago, 8-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) How can you say how much I care or not? I didn't address my personal caring for those people, I made a statement about how they rate in my priority system when I'm thinking about how I'd like for my government to spend the money it takes from (...) (24 years ago, 8-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) You mean something like "honest friendship with all who seek it, entangling alliances with none"? Now, who said that? ++Lar (24 years ago, 8-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) and (...) Thomas Jefferson said it in his innaugural address in 1801. (24 years ago, 9-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) It was a rhetorical question, of course. You know I know who said it and I know you know I know. :-) ++lar (24 years ago, 9-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) And by saying you don't want our government to spend added money on finding a cure for a disease that is infecting millions of people in another country, it shows you don't hold nearly as much compassion for human life as you should. (...) (...) (24 years ago, 9-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) Wow, thanks for passing moral judgement on my level of compassion based on my desire for fiscal responsibility. Aside from the fact that I could ask what qualifies you as one to set the level of acceptable compassion for human life (assuming (...) (24 years ago, 9-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why is AIDS such a big deal?

(...) Should? (...) Uh? increased funding of anything requires more money...right? So the money either comes from increased revenues (taxes) or by taking it from other government programs. Where do you think it should come from? (...) of (...) (...) (24 years ago, 10-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)