 Off-Topic / Debate / 547
  Re: shills on eBay

I am not sure I'd call it a "shill" but I think it's reasonable, if you decide to run a joint RTL/eBay auction, to set up another id, post feedback stating that it is a proxy for the high RTL bidder and that you'll tell who if emailed (tough to do (...) (26 years ago, 15-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: shills on eBay

(...) I think that's a good idea. (26 years ago, 15-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: shills on eBay

(...) I think it is a fair idea (meaning that the process is a fair one). I don't believe that this is consistent with eBay's terms of use. Each ID must be a real person (not quoting the exact language of course). In fact eBay policy is changing on (...) (26 years ago, 21-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: shills on eBay

(...) I personally wouldn't care if it were consistent with the terms of use. In fact, I e-mailed people like this long before I ever created an active eBay user account, just because people used their e-mail addresses as their user-ids. Now that I (...) (26 years ago, 21-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)