 Off-Topic / Debate / 5390
Re: Why can't we have a Lando: Lego's Race policy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 21:23:43 GMT

Jeff Stembel wrote:

Do you realize how many problems Lego would have if they started making
non-yellow human minifigs?  First, they'd have to stop making yellow minifigs
altogether.  If they didn't, and let them slide as "caucasians", they'd be
opening themselves up to lawsuits from all over the world.  Assuming they rid
themselves of yellow as a skin color, they would then have to create a "proper
distribution" of races in all themes.  Of course, what would the "proper
distribution" be?  After all, America has a different ethnic distribution than
Europe, Africa, or India.  Also, what about all the variations in skin color?
Hopefully you can see that this is not feasible for a company like Lego to do.

So what we need is the Lego race/gender minifig pack.  :)  Include
boy/girl hair, different colored heads/hands, and let people mix and
match
their sets as they see fit.  Now you can have African-American players
on your soccer team (or female players), Lando figures for Star Wars,
etc.  If you're into the Western theme, how about a Blazing Saddles
version?  :)

On a serious note, I'd imagine these would be especially popular with
the Dacta sets...

I remember thinking about this when I was looking at those UN Lego
posters
that were on sale at Ebay.  Every figure there had a yellow head.

Chris

--
Remove the nospam machine name in my email address to send a personal
reply.