 Off-Topic / Debate / 5181
Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 23:49:41 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I note that this week's S@H phone specials included the Imperial Flagship
#6271.  Apparently some people got in on this deal.  I hope it was the many
and not just the few (Tom?).

You have GOT to be the #1 jerk of Lugnet for the above comment.  I bought ZERO of
them.  But you know what?  I could have bought them all, and you'd have ZERO
reason to whine.  Why?  Because you could have called in, just like me.

I live in CA, which means I have to call at 5am to get the Specials when they
open.  Well guess what, SO CAN YOU.  You want to get in on the deals?  CALL, just
like I or anyone else would have to if I didn't post them.  I'm sure there ARE
people that call before I do and get stuff through their "insider" info (what a
CROCK!).

That has been my ONLY point.  I happen to have
an Imperial Flagship, so the fact that I missed out is of no consequence.  I
just hope that other fans that don't even have that first one were able to
pick it up.  MISB at $55 is a great deal.  Having looked up what it was, I
wish the Nebual Outposts had been offered this week too, instead of just all
of them being handed over to Larry P.  I happen to not have even one, and
obtaing one would have been nice for me.

Bzzzt, wrong answer - the NebO has been offered SEVERAL times as S@H Specials.
You had your chance.

The S@H Phone Specials are listed by Mike Stanley and Tom Stangl -- and at
this point it looks like its Tom's baby.  I think this is a generous gesture
on the part of these guys -- and I never said it wasn't.  I just wonder why
TLC doesn't set this up on its own site so that everyone can log in at 7 am on
Monday morning and see what is being offered this week.  That way there would
be no favoritism.

THERE IS NO FAVORITISM - I have to call to get the Specials, just like anyone
else.   You want a better chance of getting something?  Call before me!  I
sometimes call much later in the morning, and sometimes they don't have the
Specials list ready, so I have to call back several times.  You or anyone else can
do the same.  Don't complain if you miss out on something just because you saw it
posted, and many others saw it before you.  Join the mail gateway for .lsahs, and
you'll get the email with the Specials the second it shows on Lugnet.

Fairness is all I wanted.  The people who freaked out about it must want
something else.

Then don't even BEGIN to drag the S@H Specials into this, you have no business
doing so, there is no favoritism involved.

FUT lugnet.off-topic.debate, this doesn't belong in dear-lego anymore, no matter
how much whining at TLC Richard wants to do.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/