 Off-Topic / Debate / 5050
  Re: Trying to understand

Law just changed. A seat belt infraction, if spotted, is enough reason for you to get pulled over in Michigan now. Sorry about that (I think it may have been March 1 that it changed) (24 years ago, 18-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Trying to understand

(...) So if I read this correctly, the wearing of seatbelts is not mandatory in all US states? This is mandatory in all states and territories of Australia (putting on my seatbelt is second nature to me when I get in the car). I can't understand (...) (24 years ago, 19-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Trying to understand

(...) It is mandatory, on pain of losing federal highway funds (a case of using the purse power to get a state to pass a law instead of passing a federal law. I personally feel it's wrong to do that, but I digress). What is not mandatory is the (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Trying to understand

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Larry Pieniazek writes: <schnip!> (...) If I may expand on what Larry has said here; In some US states, drivers are supposed to ensure that they themselves, and their passengers are belted at all times while the vehicle (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Trying to understand

<snip> (...) Definitely agree here. And if you think I've got an opinion on this, you should hear my wife's comments when she sees someone else's unbelted kids in a moving car. In some ways I'm glad the other car is moving, so she can't completely (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)