 Off-Topic / Debate / 5045
Re: Trying to understand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 23:23:05 GMT

Michigan has switched from secondary to primary, you can be stopped for
just a seat belt infraction instead of the collateral damage (Has to be
a second ticket) that CO uses.

Funny this conversation is going on right now.  I just got a ticket for my son
having his shoulder strap looped around the back of the seat.  I just looked
up the regs and this law is not enforceable unless I was pulled over for some
other reason.  The first thing the officer said was that the reason he pulled
me over was because of the seat belt.  I should be in the clear but I have to
waste half a day at court to get it taken care of.

_ _
Scott Smallbeck
scotts@contactics.com