 Off-Topic / Debate / 5031
Re: Trying to understand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 17:30:20 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Steve Bliss writes:
Ugh!  Good heavens that "Friends" theme is an awful song!

It's better when you're listening to it with small children.  You just ignore
the lyrics and dance around.  Or is it the music you don't like?  Whatever.  I
never *claimed* that my taste in music was well-aligned with anyone else.

My apologies--I wasn't attacking your taste, just expressing (a little
sharply) my own.  Perhaps the fact that the song was played 40 or 50 times an
hour during its peak has soured me on it...

Doncha hate that?

When MTV first started, I used to be a continual watcher.  It was
something new, they (mostly) played really cool music, whatever.  The
beginning of the end (for me) was when they first thought "heavy
rotation" would be a good idea.  I still can't listen to J. Geils'
"Freeze Frame" without shuddering.

Steve
--
Video killed the video star.