 Off-Topic / Debate / 4984
Re: Trying to understand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 20:43:00 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Steve Bliss writes:
Blech.  We used to listen to Radio Aahs, which was a very cool station
for kids, small and large.  We even toured the Radio Aahs broadcast
studio, in the Minneapolis area.

Hey, I remember that station!  About 5 years ago I heard a great song --
it sounded really really old, maybe from the 50's -- and the lyrics went
something like, "Don't play with Bruno...Bruno is a dweeeeeb!"  I never
figured out whether it was pro-geek or anti-geek, but it was a fun song
either way.

Hmm.  That sounds familiar.  Had a 50's sound, recommended against
playing with that dweeb, Bruno.  It rings a bell, but I can't remember
for sure.

I'd be willing to bet the song was pro-tolerance.

But then our local Aahs station went to all-talk, or all-sports, or
something.  And then Eisner Mouse bought Radio Aahs, and turned it into
that product-hyping triumph of synergy known as Radio Disney.
Double-Blech.

Oh, MAN!  Yarks!

Oops, my bad.  I assumed Disney snarfed Radio Aahs, because when we
visited MPLS sometime ARA (after Radio Aahs), (a) Radio Aahs was gone
(that was a definite), (b) there was some new station called Radio
Disney (another definite) (c) which was broadcasting on or near the same
frequency, possibly the same station (or at least we thought so).

The truth is possibly worse.  For the sordid details, see
<http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/may1998/nf80522b.htm>
<http://www.cmcnyls.edu/Bulletins/Cbcwlabc.HTM>

We've got 4 Radio Aahs CD's.  Collections of various stuff, ranging from
Kermit the Frog ("Rainbow Connection") to the Rembrandts ("I'll be There
for You").  Great stuff.

Are these order-able anywhere on the net?

I doubt it.  Well, you could probably dig them up somewhere.

Three of the CDs are from a subscription, sort of a "CD of the Month"
club, except that each CD features a bunch of songs which were popular
on AAHS at the time.  The fourth is called "Playing all day with Radio
AAHS".

Steve