 Off-Topic / Debate / 4955
Re: Trying to understand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 05:24:16 GMT

Dan Boger wrote:

what's the hysteria again? (I may be lost)...  isn't the issue trigger
locks?  what's wrong with you getting with a new gun a trigger lock?
nothing says you have to use it, or that you can't throw it away...

Today.

Seat belts were once required equipment on cars but not required to be
worn by passengers. Flawed analogy but the principle holds. It is not a
large leap from "all A will be supplied with X under penalty of law" to
"all citizens with A must use X under penalty of law"

Do we really need another reason for the police to get a warrant to come
into our homes?

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!