 Off-Topic / Debate / 4922
    Re: one of the many reasons I think Slashdot sucks now —Todd Lehman
   (...) Slashdot has a major design flaw in its scoring paradigm: Any single moderator can move a message "up or down the ladder" by 20% (one point on a five-point scale, excepting -1). That's too much sway. What's worse, the Slashdot moderation (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: one of the many reasons I think Slashdot sucks now —Mike Stanley
   (...) Well, I shoulda known you would come up with something better. I still think the human part of the equation could degenerate to Slashdot-like levels, but you will probably control it better. (24 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: one of the many reasons I think Slashdot sucks now —Todd Lehman
   (...) If it fails, I'll take all the blame. But if it works, I can't take all the credit; there was a big thread last week with lots of good ideas from other people. --Todd (24 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)