 Off-Topic / Debate / 474
    Re: shills on eBay —Mike Stanley
   (...) I would never shill. I did put a reserve price on the auction, though. Maybe one that is too high, given the slow bidding, but then again most eBay bidding takes place in the last few hours/minutes. I used to hate reserve prices, and I still (...) (26 years ago, 11-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        reserve prices on eBay —Adam Yulish
   <snip> (...) That is precisely the kind of situation for which a reserve price is meant. I'm usually not a fan of reserve prices either, but they are indeed a good alternative to high minimum starting bids, as you pointed out. <snipped him pointing (...) (26 years ago, 11-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)