 Off-Topic / Debate / 4632
Re: Is God gay? (was Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 15:50:15 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Peter Callaway writes:
(much snippage, excepting the passage references cited as advocating against
homosexuality)
Can you point me towards these alternative interpretations? I'd like to see
these interpretation of the following verses;
Leviticus 18:22
1 Corinthians 6:9,13
1 Timothy 1:10
Matthew 15:19
Mark 7:21
1 Thessalonians 4:3-5
1 Corinthians 10:8
Romans 13:13
Deuteronomy 22:5
Jude 7
Hebrews 13:4
Ephesians 5:13

I can't address most of these, as my memory is horrible, and I don't have a
bible handy, but I will haul out my standard response to any citation of
Leviticus...
  Anyone who cites Leviticus as a source for recommended behavior had better
be keeping Kosher, and cutting their hair appropriately.  Leviticus has a
large volume of laws and guidelines, most of which speak to behavior, and most
of which are given equal weight under the law.

Out of curiosity, are you a biblical literalist?

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/