 Off-Topic / Debate / 4538
  Re: memes (Was: Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)

(...) It might have been an essay, but it was a good one :) Thanks for this - I understand your previous message now! The meme-meme is an easy one to grasp but hard to master. I can't say I've mastered it yet, but I do find it interesting :) Richard (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: memes (Was: Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)

(...) In addition to religions, some of the more fascinating memes (IMHO) include Internet hoaxes or urban legends -- for example the so-called "Good Times Virus" hoax or the so-called "Mrs. Fields' Cookies Rcecipe" messages. It's fascinating how (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: memes (Was: Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)

(...) But that one's true! I have it right here in my mailbox and can send the receipe to anyone that wants it. Ben Roller P.S. Before anyone asks for it, I was joking. :) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: memes (Was: Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)

(...) Yeah, I know. :/ Unfortunately, the 'net doesn't have very effective antibodies. Fortunately, bandwidth just keeps going up. :) Whenever I do get sent this sort of thing, I tend to reply with SARC's URL.(1) It seems to be working, since I get (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)