 Off-Topic / Debate / 4522
Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 19:54:29 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ben Roller writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Markus Wolf writes:
Not what some guys who claim to follow God,
because every religion says that they do.

I didn't want to be picky, so I almost didn't post this, but... It's important
to realize that not every religion has a God.  That is, I think, one of the
more common differences between Eastern and Western religions.

Ben Roller

   I honestly know little to nothing about eastern religions.  But I figure,
if there's no god to be accountible to, it doesn't matter if you believe in it
or not.  It might be a nice little "this is good, this is bad" system that
might have it's pluses and minuses.  Who cares.  Anyone can make up a pretty
good system of morals based on past experiences.
   I'm on a different search.  If God is who I understand Him to be, meaning
the God of the Bible, then He's a God who wants to be known.  So I've taken
the opportunity to introduce myself, so to speak, and open the doorway for Him
to know me.  And I believe He's spoken back.
   So I no longer have to participate in the "Does God exist?" debate and
moved to, "How does God think?  How can I hear Him better?  Why does God...
etc?" type of questioning.  I know there's alot smarter people then me who can
come up with scientific explanations for anything that does or doesn't have
one.  That's great for them, but I dare anyone to measure a pint of love or a
pound of hate that I know exists but can't be proven.

Markus