 Off-Topic / Debate / 4489
Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 05:01:31 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Shiri Dori writes:
Actually, there are many other theories that say that even though Adam and Eve
were the first couple, they weren't the only one.

That's, IMO, just to explain it so that there was no incest.  I don't see why
it couldn't be true though (as it is not mentioned either way in the Bible).
As far as I'm concerned, if it's not mentioned, it didn't neccessarily happen
or necessarily(1) NOT happen.

Nod was already populated by the time Cain got there.
Nod means "wandering".  It's not like it was a town named Nod or anything.

Ben Roller

1. I really should use words I don't know how to spell less often than this. :)