 Off-Topic / Debate / 4466
4465  |  4467
Subject:
Adam & Eve (If ya can't beat 'em...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 23:23:14 GMT

Okay, if I can't complain about religious discussions on a Lego newsfeed, then
I might as well get myself in trouble by stating my views. =)

Okay, so let's start at the beginning.  (Of sorts)  God creates everything,
and finishes up with Adam and Eve.  Humans, his crowning creation.  He gives
them two commandments:  Be fruitful, multiply and fill the earth...and do not
eat of the tree of knowledge, or in that day you will die.

So, this serpent comes along and tells Eve that they won't die if they eat
from the tree (his lie), but will become like gods, knowing good and evil.
She is deceived, and eats from the tree.  Now, I'm making an assumption here I
know, but bear with me:  Once Eve eats from the tree, she knows that Satan
lied to her, and that she will die.

When Adam hears of this, he is torn.  If Eve dies, he cannot fulfill God's
first commandment, to fill the earth with his offspring.  But since Eve has
already eaten of the fruit, he must break the second commandment in order to
fulfill the first.  So he eats as well, and both of them are taken out of the
Garden.

Now, there is a lot more to this, but it's a start.  I believe in an all-
knowing, all-loving God, and therefore He must have KNOWN this would happen
before it did.  It is all part of His plan for us.  Think about it:  If God
had intended us to live in paradise forever from the beginning, would he have
let Satan mess up his plan at the very start?  I doubt it.

Aaron