 Off-Topic / Debate / 4444
Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 21:57:11 GMT

Dan Boger wrote:
The existence of other deities I believe is irrelevant. God is the creator of
the Universe, so why waste time pandering to lesser gods. And if there is a
higher god above God, then why hasn't he shown up to ursurp God?
this is one of my biggest issues with a "god" thingum:  if there's
such a "god", and she's so all powerful and all knowing, why would
should she even care what we puny humans do-think-worship?

What if that god were God's dad?  I'd take satisfaction in my kids if they
perform well, and avoid usurping them unless there was no other alternative.
Just a thought...

Cheers,
- jsproat

Card-carrying member of the Star-Bellied Sneech Preservation Society